Tuesday, August 19, 2008

This Pixelated Beginning

Hey everyone,

So for years family and friends have been griping at me for not sharing my work, reviews and general life thoughts on the Series of Tubes (aka the Internet). Well, I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes and how long it takes for everyone to get sick of me and run this blog into the ground.

I called my blog This Pixelated Life because, well, after thinking about it I realized my life seems to be all about pixels. For those of you just catching on, I am a graphic designer in DC for a nonprofit. I also review video games in a weekly column that runs on several websites and newspapers across the world. And to top it all off, I take a lot of photos and fancy myself as a pretty decent photographer (though I am shamed by several friends who are much better at it than I am). So with those three things under my belt, I figured 95% of my life is spent working with pixels. Thus you have This Pixelated Life.

My idea for this blog is to share some slideshows of photography I've done, some thoughts on the gaming industry and games I have played, some reviews of books I read and movies I watch (my buddy Kelly will often claim I remember the most insane pieces of casting/plots/characters/quotes than he can imagine one person holding). And living in DC, there is always something f-ed up going on which I'll just need to share, so if you cannot handle the occasional cursing, this might not be the place for you.

Thanks for joining the show, I'll be back soon with some opening remarks. In particular, a morning showdown between a doughnut salesman and a jazz player. Yeah, I'm starting strong.

2 comments:

KM said...

nice work, campbler. don't be afraid to show your photo montages of poodles dressed up like kings and queens.

Sean said...

When do we get more pics?