Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Funnies

When I was growing up my mom and I watched Wildcats and I'm certain that I was too damn young to understand half the racially tinged jokes and social commentary that lurked in that movie. A well-to-do white woman goes and coaches an inner city high school football team (whose principal is Nipsy Russell for pete's sake)? Yeah, I'm guessing it was unsuitable viewing for my age. But hey, I turned out OK.

Anyway, I've watched that movie. A lot. A lot a lot. And how I missed one of the biggest cinematic bloopers in the history of cinema is beyond me. Watch and be amazed.



Oh holy shit. They hit him so hard they knocked the black off him! How in the name of Orson Welles did the director or editor or studio head or anyone before now discover this? They turned a dude white! That is some stunning cinema right there, people.

No comments: