Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Disconnection

Will quickly apologize to all my (few but proud) readers for being away from the blog for a couple weeks. I was uber-stressed at work with a lot of projects bearing down on me right before my vacation. I had hoped to spend some time while on Maui doing some blogging and catching up on old posts that I needed to write, but the day after I arrived I came to a decision to disconnect. I wanted to get away from Twitter, Facebook, ESPN, UK, NY Times, Wash Post, movie news and all the other things that keep my attention from being in the here and now and just relaxing and enjoying the things in front of me and around me. Sure, I checked my email once a day to make sure the office didn't need for me for something urgent (which they actually did a couple times, so at least I was able to help), but beyond that I kept the iPhone and the laptop closed. Felt really good. I missed some things (news, my fantasy football teams going into early season free fall, etc.) but in the long term the time was needed to just chill and get my mind thinking about different stuff and remind myself to keep things fresh and new. Hopefully I'll carry that stuff on now that I am back and make a few changes to the lifestyle so I don't return to creature comforts of the past. They weren't bad comforts, but it's always good to try some new things and approaches.

No comments: