Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Bash with Bashi

It's a mix of emotions today. It's my last day with an organization I have devoted five years of my life to, which has its share of sadness and disappointment. The other share is filled with joyful expectation and excitement about starting a new job in just a couple weeks.

So I'll try to numb both emotions by listening to same awesome live music tonight. I'm seeing Kishi Bashi, a guy who mixes his own music while on stage playing it. He's armed with a violin and a horde of foot pedals that he taps to record loops and create entire 6-minute songs on the fly. I was introduced to him a couple months ago when he opened for Alexi Murdoch, and I was blown away by how good he was. Tonight, he's the opening act again, but for some band called Of Montreal that I've never heard of. Maybe they will suck, maybe they will be good. But I'm there for the opener, and I'm ready to hear him mix up some great tunes while I juggle my emotions, transitioning from one adventure to another.

No comments: