Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What I've Read: Assload of Fast Company

One of the best gifts my mother ever gave me was a couple of years ago when she got me a subscription to Fast Company. As a mover and shaker at GE, she thought the maagzine's blend of forward-thinking, business-minded, green innovation content was right up my alley. Boy was she ever right.

These days it's the only magazine I read cover to cover. I can't stop myself once I get going on it. But something happened last year. For some reason, I was in the midst of doing work and travel and whatnot, and right around Thanksgiving I forgot to read the current issue. And then the next came. And the next. Soon, like a broken record, a pile began forming on my shelf. Right before into the new digs, I decided that once I got done reading a couple books, I was hunkering down and blasting through those old issues.

Hell no I wasn't going to just pitch them and forget about them. Instead, starting in July, I was on a mission. I was getting through an issue every 2-3 days. I was on a roll. About two weeks ago I finally finished the August issue, and now I am all caught up. The best part is that I even found a good number of articles to pass along to my coworkers and bosses. So now I look even cooler because I am suggesting new ideas and stuff. That's me, the dedicated employee.

No comments: