Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday Funnies

I've missed a couple weeks of posting some Friday Funnies and I apologize. I'll make it up this week by posting a couple clips from one of my new favorite shows, Party Down. If you haven't seen it, I urge you to check it out. You can even stream it live from Netflix so there's no real reason to forget. The second season premieres later this month, but the first season is gold (gold, Jerry, gold!).

It's pretty much a story about a group of losers in LA who all want to be in Hollywood, but instead as they wait for their break to come, they work in a middling catering company. The cast is fantastic. Lots of top-tier comedic talent if you've seen other comedies. Writing is excellent (very dry, mean comedy), and since it's on cable, they can curse like I do and that makes it even funnier. And they get lots of great guest stars all the time to play the guests and customers. Anyway, here are some clips that give you a taste of what the show is like.

Kristin Bell as the manager of a rival catering firm:


Ron, the boss, gets high with some rappers:


Henry learns about the perks:

No comments: