Monday, June 28, 2010

Man Card Member, No. 404431


That's right people, I sunk a boat. And it's no game of Battleship, either. I polished off a whole boat of sushi last week. There is this great Asian restaurant that I love, and if you order enough sushi, they don't bring it to you on a tray, they load it up onto a wooden boat and moor that sucked right on the table. Love it.

There's a special feeling that comes when finishing that last piece of sushi. Sure, it's not exactly the same as dusting off the Ole '96er, but I was feeling especially proud. I know John Candy would have given me a pat on the pat. Sadly, the restaurant doesn't let you take the boat home with you after you finish, which I personally think is a load of crap. I don't want some dinky T-shirt like they give you at Hooters, that is weak (although my brother once earned that T-shirt after downing 50 wings in one setting, something I'm sure his innards are still punishing him for years later). I want the boat damnit.

No comments: