Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday Funnies

OK, bear with me, this is a long video.

I love Kevin Smith. I watch all his movies, listen to his series of podcasts and also watch a ton of Q&As with him. He's hilarious, has no filter whatsoever, and while super knowledgeable about Hollywood and comics he can at times come off as so disconnected from the lives at real people that it's hilarious when he talks about food shopping or dealing with anyone that isn't on Twitter.

Anyway, one of the best stories I've heard him tell was way back in the day during his first "An Evening with Kevin Smith" Q&A movie. In this clip, he talks about how he was commissioned to write a Superman movie starring Nic Cage and directed by Tim Burton. It's great where this ends up, and since I saw this way back when it was first released in 2002, I knew I liked Kevin Smith and his view on Hollywood.



And believe me, if you think this was good, you will not believe how awesome his attempt at making a documentary of Prince went. Just YouTube it, it's classic.

No comments: