Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Childhood, Bastardized

This one is going to be rather simple. I love board games as a kid. Actually, screw that, I still love board games. Friends and I still get together now and then to play Trivial Pursuit or Scattergories or some kind of game that pairs well with drinking. My two favorite board games are Clue and Life. I actually wish my friends and I would play Life sometime, because I think it would be a different kind of experience altogether to play it in our 30s than when we did in our teens (making $35,000 as a teacher as the game said back then seemed awesome ... hell, I think a lawyer only made $100k in the original game).

In any event, this post isn't about Life or who killed Ms. Scarlett in the kitchen with a wrench. No, this is about a basic board game that has been bastardized beyond recognition. Because honestly, how the hell does one equate this:



With this:



Besides both opening with video of an actual battleship, I see no difference at all. And by golly that movie looks like shite. Oh, and this trailer makes it appear that these mechanical alien dudes pretty much can wipe out a city and a fleet of ships with little worry, so I'm already calling bullshit that America ('fuck yeah!') is magically saving the day here with a couple cruisers and Rihanna in tow.

No comments: