Friday, May 14, 2010

Bye, Bye Banks ... Until Another Day


One of my best photo experiences ever coincided with being in NYC and shooting one of my favorite things to watch, skateboarding. Kelly and I went to NYC a couple years ago and went with Eric to the Brooklyn Banks, this kickass spot under the Brooklyn Bridge that is a mecca for skaters. I got some great shots (though Kelly hates many of the ones I took of him because he never nailed things the way he wanted to) and you can check them out here.

Sadly, it looks like the Banks are going away for awhile. I caught this story online and got a little sad. They are making some improvements and fixes to the Brooklyn Bridge, and they have to close off the Banks in order to do it. Just had to take a moment and acknowledge the Banks for the sweet skate spot that it is, and hopefully one day I'll be back up there to photograph Kelly landing a tre flip or something.

1 comment:

KM said...

Mike V's last line says it all.