Tuesday, November 30, 2010

De-Jeweled

Around the beginning of the year, one of the wife's iPhone purchases got copied onto my phone during an update. Since it's a video game, I figured what the hell, and gave this Bejeweled 2 a chance. I rocked it early on, but then gave it up after awhile because it just was a tad repetitive. Then, randomly in June, I scored over 800,000 during a train ride home one night.

It was then that I decided that I had to break a million or else I'd never forgive myself. So a couple times a week on the train I would fire it up and give it a whirl. 600,000 here, 700,000 there. I thought I had the game made, but after about two months of trying, the game suddenly went in Eff You Mode. I was getting worked repeatedly, sometimes barely breaking 500,000. I was pissed.

Then last week in Hawaii, while waiting for the wife to get some medications because she came down with the plague, I hit a run of jewels. It was like the run Kelly and I had at the craps table in Montreal; we couldn't miss. And on this day, neither could I, only with jewels on my iPhone. I thought I had it in the bag on one run but I crapped out just over 900k. I was not to be deterred. So I hit a million, and kept going. I finally petered out at just over 1.3 million, and that was it. I did it.

So like a fine race horse, I'm putting Bejeweled 2 out to pasture. Never playing it again. Thanks for the random entertainment on my commutes.

No comments: