Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Readying for the Zombie Apocalypse

Kelly's lady friend alerted me to some geniuses who blended the zombie apocalypse with one of the greatest games ever created, The Oregon Trail. If you love Zombieland (hand raised) and love The Oregon Trail (other hand raised), then this is one of the best time-killers you can find on the interwebs.

In playing The Organ Trail (clever name), you pick a crew, and decide on a profession so the game can alter the experience based on what career you choose. It's awesome because the first choice is "Cop from Kentucky." Well, that was an easy choice, thanks. I created my family truckster crew of myself, Kelly, Dan, Luke and Douglass. Sorry to the wife and poodles, but surviving the zombie apocalypse is a man's job. Well, at least I thought so until Kelly got bit by a zombie about 8 feet into the drive and died about two days later when we reached Chicago. Damn, Kelly, you gotta be stronger than that.

I finished the game without losing anyone else, and found that I was a great barterer and shooter when having to scavenge for provisions. I know it's just a video game (and an 8-bit one at that), but I'm feeling more confident about my ability to make it through the zombie apocalypse in one piece, because all these things are just training, like for a marathon. But of wits.

3 comments:

GreenMom said...

Sometimes I worry about you!!

annieb said...

Kelly made it all the way to the prison outside of Texas when I added him to my station wagon. But he didn't make it in my zombie universe either.

Maybe it's a sign his apocolypse skillz aren't gonna be as good as he thinks they will ...

KM said...

I just crossed annieB and campbell off of my 'in the crew' list for post-apocalyptic DC. Fend for yourselves, punks.