Sunday, November 7, 2010

My First Soup

I've been trying to expand my cooking abilities bit by bit. You all know of my rib prowess by now, but I can do more than that. I've been known to make a decent chocolate cake (though I don't really care for deserts), and I'm generally pretty handy in the kitchen as a fine sous chef.

Today, I decided to branch out and make my first soup. It's a Maryland Spicy Crab Soup, something I've been dying to make since I had a killer taste of it up in Ellicott City many months back. Above is the result, and so far the tasting has gone well. Haven't had a full bowl just yet, but I have high hopes. Of course, I did get a little too excited and over-did it on the vegetables, so it won't be as brothy as it is supposed to be. But, hey, who doesn't love heaping portions of vegetables? That's what I thought.

1 comment:

chelsea said...

What do you mean, you haven't had a bowl yet? How long does this soup simmer?