Saturday, January 29, 2011

Man Card Member, No. 404431

It's been a while since I posted a Man Card item, but everyone knows I earn my Man Card every single day. No one doubts that, right? Just in case you needed proof, I got it done again today.

My IT director alerted me to a deal going on with memory upgrades for MacBook Pros, where I could double my memory for just $100. Sweet deal, and you can't pass up a chance to make your machine run smoother and handle the heavy beasts of processing power (I'm looking at you, Adobe). Ran some errands with the wife and hauled her to Micro Center, which is a place that is exactly what it sounds like: a warehouse of computer stuff. And it's not all warmly laid out like a Best Buy; no, this place looks like somewhere you'd find Jim and Malvin hanging out daily.

So I got the memory chips, went home and got into man mode. Got out some tools, took apart my MacBook Pro and replaced the memory. It's like the laptop is happier with me already. I even took a little time to get out the can of compressed air and remove some dust and buildup in the fan and other areas of the interior, which is never a bad thing for a laptop. In all, a good manly experience of taking apart machinery and improving it.

No comments: