Friday, January 13, 2012

Trailer Love

Time for a couple trailers for movies I am looking forward to seeing.

Moonrise Kingdom is the real gem of this bunch. It's the return of one of my favorite directors, Wes Anderson, he of Rushmore, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Royal Tenenbaums and Life Aquatic fame. My joy runneth over watching this trailer.



The Dark Knight Rises. Nothing more needs to be said. Ever.



Prometheus is the return of Ridley Scott to his Alien days. He denies it's an Alien prequel, but I've read about 26 websites that have broken this trailer down second by second and detailed how the famed director has to be either lying out his ass or this is the biggest lie to viewers since "The Killing." I'm hoping it's the former.



Chronicle is a "found footage" movie about some teens who suddenly discover they are developing superpowers. I loathe found footage movies. Blair Witch was great because it was the real groundbreaker, and Cloverfield was a solid experiment with the monster genre, but I'd say everything else is total shite. Can't stand them, which gives me pause about Chronicle. I'm not saying I'll spend movie ticket money on it, but I'll at least make sure I move it to the top of the Netflix list when it comes out.



The Apple Pushers is the first of my two documentary films. This one looks promising because it's narrated by Edward Norton, and is about getting healthy food to inner-city and impoverished people who normally have to subsist on crap. So I'm thinking good things for this one.



The Pruitt-Igoe Myth is the second doc, and this one is about St. Louis' attempt to build a housing development of the future and instead it turned into a complete urban nightmare. I read a paper about this in college, so I'm interested to see how this turns out.

No comments: