Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Shit That Should Not Be

You all know that I don't read much fiction, but the few authors I do read, I revere. One of them is Lee Child, and his Jack Reacher novels. Reacher is a badass. An ex-MP officer who strikes fear in the hearts of those who wrong others, and is not afraid to put hands on someone who doesn't do right by whatever community he happens to be traveling through.

Look, I laughed a little when the wife's favorite series of books got turned into a Hollywood shitshow. But this is different. This time its my books (well, hers too, since she loves Reacher as much as I do) that are getting messed with, and I'm peeved. Tom Cruise is shorter than my sister I think, and the idea of him playing a 6-5, ass-kicking MP officer sets my teeth on edge. My dog cuts a more imposing figure than Cruise does. And this trailer convinces me that Hollywood is out to destroy anything I hold dear (well, unless it's a comic book movie, in which case they are more often than not knocking those our of the park).



Oh, and I've always had a little crush on Rosmand Pike. So that she's in this movie is probably the only plus going for it. But this movie had such easy potential, and they ruined it. And now it is shit that should not be. And I sure as hell won't be giving Cruise a dime of my money.

No comments: