Monday, October 22, 2012

Idiot of the Day

All I wanted to do was pick up a pizza.

Normally I am fine with letting parents do what they have to do to keep a kid entertained. My dog has a longer attention span than a young kid so I understand you gotta do whatever it takes to keep the kid from causing all holy hell and throw a tantrum of King Kong-level proportions.

What I cannot handle is a parent BECOMING a child in order to entertain a child, thus removing your reason for being, which is being a parent and keeping things chill.

Take this lady. I was picking up a pizza at my local pizza joint and while I waited for the pie to be boxed and so forth, I could hear this incessant banging of silverware on plates and tables. I turned to quietly scorn a small child with my hate eyes, when lo and behold it was the kid's damn mother. The kid didn't seem interested in whatever musical creations she was hammering out, but by golly she kept on going. She was doing her best Animal from the Muppets impersonation, while everyone else around her were either laughing at them or just hoping the check would arrive faster.

No comments: