Thursday, October 4, 2012

Trailer Love

I know it's been awhile since I was on the blog. Believe me, it was hurting me more than it was hurting the 8 of you. This most recent class was a real test of skill and time management, so some things had to wait (like blogging, and my career move into synchronized horse dancing).

But hopefully I am back for a bit and ready to dive back into the thick of things. Having only seven posts in September is just bad form. You deserve better, audience of under a dozen.

First up, some recent movie trailers that have caught my attention.

This first one I had no idea even existed. Never heard any buzz or early talk of it, and that is rather rare. So color me surprised when I watched this red band trailer for the 43 Movie. Crazy stuff, and probably 100% ignorant but certain to make me laugh. Hell, the trailer alone got three good chortles out of me. Has the chance to tap into that Kentucky Fried Movie sensibility that all those Scary Movie hackjobs could only dream of touching. OK, perhaps my expectations are a bit high.



Next up is Promised Land. Let's not play games, we live in a world where all things being equal, you put talented people in front of and behind a camera and make some kind of movie about environmental issues, and there is a damn good chance I am going to watch it. This my heroin. Damn you, heroin.



Identity Thief last up for this edition. The premise sounded really juvenile and an easy cash grab for the stars, but then I watched the trailer and my hopes were raised. There may not be much new in this movie that we haven't seen in other places, but damnit whoever cut this trailer did a fine job.

No comments: