Friday, March 5, 2010

My Cooking Space VI


It's been a week since I last updated the world on the kitchen remodel. And don't think it's because I don't care. Honestly, it's because I haven't had much to report. I know tons of stuff has been happening, but it's all little electrical things and stuff that doesn't exactly make for sex blog postings.

But when I came home Thursday night I had a nice little surprise: our new fridge had been installed (pics coming later) and cabinets have been installed where the old fridge was located (pictured above). For the untrained eye, what makes our contractor such a badass is that if you look closely, he reused the previous cabinets to fill in the old spots. So the cabinets above the fridge in the Before pic are not built out and down level with the countertop, and he simply moved the overhead cabinets on the left in the Before pic to the right. Later on, we'll be installing a pot rack on the left to keep the kitchen more open looking. I love that we were able to recycle the cabinets instead of having to make new ones and then just turning the old ones into scrap. That may be standard operating procedure, but I was excited about it.

No comments: