Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday Funnies

30 years ago my favorite movie of all time was released. I'm pissed that I had this whole recap and historical reference post planned, and the friggin NY Times went off and released their own earlier this week. Damn you newspapers with time and budgets and staff to complete it before I could. Just sucks because I could have done the same thing but now my efforts would feel like mimicry.

Well, those who know me well know my beloved fascination with this movie (and the sequel). I can recite entire 15-minute stretches of that movie by rote. I know the scenery, the switches, lights and knobs. The sight gags that are hidden to the untrained eye. All that good stuff. I seriously could probably write 8,000 words about my love for this movie, but it might get a little freaky if I went to those lengths.

So instead of gushing forever about this movie, let's just go to some clips and enjoy some laughs. Thank you, Zucker bros. and Abrahams for this glorious sendup that will never be topped by always imitated.

The Beaver's mom talks jive!



She likes it dark.



The turkey tells all.



Laughing until I am quivering, wasted piece of jelly.

No comments: