Friday, October 2, 2009

My Work Gets in Times Square

CFED (the place I work) last week released its 2009-2010 Assets & Opportunity Scorecard. This project is nearly 10 months of work organization-wide that I, of course, had to design in about 7 weeks. Which is pretty much why my family and friends think I'm an ass who never returns calls, e-mails or anything social all summer long. This massive report is a big deal for us and we take is seriously, so when we released it and then held a 2-day conference here in DC to support it, by the time it ended we were all hammered on state-level data.

I certainly encourage all 8 of your who read this blog to check out the information on your state. You'll be impressed with how detail-oriented and data-driven we are in making assessments of a state's vitality and how well it supports its residents. Sadly, my home state of Kentucky went backwards from our 2007-2008 Scorecard. Ouch.

As part of getting out the message on the Scorecard, we worked with a media company to get an add placed in Times Square. I didn't have much time to design it and we wanted to make sure it was clear and simple for people to read, but I am proud of it nonetheless, because screw it, I made an ad that was shown in Times Square! I'll take it, thank you very much.

3 comments:

GreenMom said...

That is so cool !!!

chelsea said...

wow- look at you, mister big time! What is the website to find out my states scorecard?

Campbell said...

http://scorecard.cfed.org