Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Idiot of the Day VIII

If it was earlier in the morning and I was feeling pissy enough, I would have taken a full photo to show this girl's idiot mother. But they were moving fast and I was still getting motivated for my day of work and couldn't snap a full photo of this duo.

I have zero, none whatsoever, respect for people who trudge their sick children into public spaces and have them hacking all over the place and threatening to get me sick. Pisses me off. It's one thing if you are an adult and are sick; you can make the conscious decision to spare your fellow man the potential of picking up whatever the hell is ailing you. But when your kid is sick? They haven't quite developed rational thought yet, so you've got to be wise and help them out.

First step, KEEP THEM THE FUCK HOME IF THEY ARE SICK. Luckily, I have the immune system of a mother of 12. I get sick once, maybe twice a year tops. And if I do come down with something, I put so many vitamins into me to make a CDC tech proud. Second, I never go to work and potentially infect others, especially when it involves riding mass transit.

This poor girl was hacking and wheezing and all mommy could care about was shoving that PopTart down her throat (eating is illegal on the trains, no less) and making sure Little Miss Wheezy wasn't falling too far behind on the educational video game she was forced to play. Nevermind that the game was clearly about 4 years too advanced for her, because she had no idea what the hell she was doing. This mom was an idiot, pure and simple.

1 comment:

KM said...

shocking that this post came the morning after UK lost.