Sunday, December 26, 2010

Greening My Mother

It's been awhile since I've greened my mother, so it's time to bring back this popular feature, which is more about passing along green/eco tips to everyone, but putting my mother in the spotlight because ... well ... it's always enjoyable to poke fun at my mom. She knows it's from a place of love.

This time I'm here to talk about toothbrushes. You see, a company called Preserve has created a nifty little system where you can buy their toothbrushes – made from 100% recycled #5 polypropylene (same that is in old yogurt cups) – but when you are done with it, you mail the toothbrush back to them in the package you bought it in. It's already prepaid, so it's a great way to complete the circle of production instead of just tossing it in the garbage. And these toothbrushes are available at Whole Foods and Target and other stores, so it's not hard to come by and they are not expensive at all.


This is one of those rare occasions where I will not be walking the walk because I am hopelessly addicted to my Braun rechargeable toothbrush, but I know many of you use standard toothbrushes so this is a great way to make a simple switch and make another great stride toward a better world.

No comments: