Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Fantasy Title ... Again

I have to say, thus far my 2010 is closing strong. And one main reason for this is that Tuesday I clinched the championship in the Mud, Sweat & Tears fantasy football title.

This is a special title on many levels. For one, I won the league in a year in which my buddy Dan, the self-proclaimed Greatest Fantasy Football GM Ever, won a whopping two games. All season. It was a glorious season all on its own just for that fact alone. But being able to make him watch me grind my way through the playoffs and pull off a title victory is the sweetest icing on the cake possible.

The other main thing that makes this a great title for me is that it's the second in three years for yours truly. Three straight playoff appearances, and I've won the title in 2008 and now 2010. Kinda reminds me of the 1996-1998 Kentucky Wildcats, who won two national championships in three years. My fear with that comparison is that UK then went off and became the Team that Success Forgot for pretty much the next decade. Now that I think about it, scratch that comparison (I don't want to live with the fear of becoming irrelevant in fantasy football); I'll just take the titles and be happy.

No comments: