Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Idiot of the Day

This is a post from the Hawaii files. I snapped a pic of this idiot as we were sitting down at Mama's Fish House to eat our Thanksgiving meal. Yeah, seafood on Thanksgiving, I know it sounds sacrilegious, but you have to be religious for that shit to matter to you. And I'm not, so I don't. Plus, it's Thanksgiving, and pilgrims would have had delicious seafood if they were in Maui then too. So there.

Anyway, back to this idiot's story. We're sitting there enjoying the appetizers when this moron and his lady friend sit down at the next table and he starts barking up a storm. And he has several arguments with her and the manager, so bear with me. First, he bitches that they aren't sitting in a window ocean view table.

Did he request one when making the reservation (yes, this place is that fancy that it's reservation-only and you can make all sorts of fun seating requests)? No, he did not. Then why did you think you could get one? Because I told the guy at the front desk that was what I wanted. Sorry, sir, but just telling him doesn't make it so. Did he confirm one for you? Well, no, but I want one. Sorry, sir, if you'd like to wait at the bar until one opens up in approximately 45 minutes, you are welcome to do so. But I'm already here, so forget it now.

Boy, I wish this was the end of this story, but it's not. Then he calls the manager back over again. Why? Because the menu is all seafood. IT'S CALLED MAMA'S FISH HOUSE YOU DIMWIT! It's in Hawaii. ON THE OCEAN. It's not called Mama's House of Pork or Ribs by the Ton. For another 3-4 minutes this idiot gets his voice all raised in a nice restaurant and bitches because there are only two non-fish items and they're both vegetarian options not meat options. I think the lovely server woman wanted to stab him with the tiny yellow umbrella in his mai tai. I would have understood.

No comments: