Thursday, May 7, 2009

Altitude Adjustment


My sister is getting her graduate degree next weekend, so the whole Campbell clan decided to make the trek to Denver and celebrate a week early before all the pomp and circumstance craziness begins.

We all kept it cool Wednesday night, but today was a wild one. We drove all over the damn place, and we were in sun, snow, wind, ice and all sorts of craziness all day long. It was exhausting. And to be doing this all at 9,000 feet or more above sea level, the thin air and strong sun was not making things any easier.

We had some good moments. I got to meet my sister's boyfriend, which was great. He's a cool dude, but he's shy so I had to give him the Campbell ceremonial treatment of giving him a hard time for 5 hours straight and seeing how he took it. Since he didn't act any differently, my guess is he's cool with me or he's gonna feed me to a bear in the Colorado woods before the weekend is out. Stay tuned.

No comments: