Sunday, May 31, 2009

Little Pain in the Ass

Looks like we have to scratch Little Bennett off our regular golf course schedule. Saturday the weather was awesome, and so Douglass, Dan and I hit the links. On many levels we just knew that the round was going to be a bad one. We didn't get to warm up at all before the round, usually meaning that it takes all of us a few holes to remember how to actually play the game. There were only three of us, and Dan unfortunately was the odd man out. He got paired with a total jackass of a player who talked more than the Micro Machines Man on speed. He didn't shut up for 18 holes. The guy even followed us out to the car to talk to us even longer, and had "please, be my friend" in his voice until finally we ignored him for about 2 minutes and he left. It was freaky. And that is not even getting into the conversations he had about his daughters. I'll spare you those. I played decent (even birdied a whole), and Dan and Douglass played terribly.

Riding with Douglass was hilarious. Besides cracking jokes about Dan's leecher of a cartmate, after each hole Douglass looked over to me and said, "Now I remember again why I hate this course." I laughed a lot, on the inside. Poor guy. The blind tee shots, undulating greens and thick rough drove us all nuts, but Douglass was having an off day and by hole 6 declared, "That's it, I'm not playing here again." Soooo, I'll just wait and see where we play this weekend. Maybe Little Bennett??

No comments: