Sunday, May 24, 2009

Artomatic: More Reasons to Come

In case you were wondering whether it was worth coming down to see my stuff at Artomatic, let me entice you with two other good excuses.

First, from the other side of my wall, you get a great view of Nationals Park. And not that anyone else goes to the games, but at the very least you can snag a view of the ballpark when it's all lit up and it's better than look out the window and seeing this. Leave it to Kelly to give me a nice alternative when pitching the view from my art show.

The other good reason to visit is because of the eclectic mix of art you are going to see. Besides checking out my photos, there are going to be hundreds of other artists there. Painting, drawing, photography and much more will be there. Bands are going to be playing, and there are rumors that a fashion show is going to be done for the first time in the event's history. There is also a slew of sculpture artists involved as well. When I was painting my wall I took a break to check out some of the other artists. This person erected a big political/war statement piece (pictured at right). I think the assault rifle pointed at the baby is pretty self-explanatory about the message being sent.

So come on by Artomatic. You'll get your culture fill for sure.

1 comment:

KM said...

you know what would be helpful here, in your interweb blogspace? a link to artomatic. like this one:
www.artomatic.org