Saturday, November 28, 2009

Equanimity, Part 4


I have not been able to follow up soon enough to the earlier series of posts on equanimity, but you can find them earlier this month. What it came down to was a weeklong series of events that were just crazy in the amount of hours I was working and the elation of getting to celebrate my organization's 30th anniversary and also take in other things.

On the evening of Oct. 30, CFED held its 30th anniversary gala at the National Building Museum. Gloria Steinem was our honorary host, and I'm summing all of this up too quickly but it was an amazing event and such a culmination of a lot of hard work. Kristin busted her ass and put together a wonderful video that tells three stories highlighting the kind of work we do. Take 10 minutes and check it out.


The video was a hit, Steinem made some great jokes and a wonderful set of speeches, and the night was capped off by an awards ceremony and then a moving speech by Bob Friedman, our founder. I cannot do justice to Bob in saying how motivating and caring Bob is about CFED and the people we help. He's an amazing leader, and paired with Andrea our president, they make an amazing duo of leadership that makes me proud to go to work every day.

We got to have a champagne toast at the end of the evening, and of course, you can tell by the photo at the top that my friends and I looked damn fine, if I do say so myself. I decided to go with the Johnny Cash look for the event, black suit, black shirt, black tie. I created a flash slideshow of the evening in pictures, so go check that out as well.

No comments: