Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Idiot of the Day V

Aren't I a nice guy? I gave this idiot a break by blotting out his eyes so no one knows who he is. Plus, I will probably go back to this place at some point, so I don't want to get beat up.

But nevertheless, this guy is an idiot. He was a bartender Sunday when me and the fellas watched some NFL football. I could not help but laugh at this bartender and his getup. Dude was wearing a tie tucked into his white button-down shirt. Innocent enough I suppose, except that it's Sunday and you're working behind a fucking bar serving drinks to hungover and rowdy football fans like myself. None of us give a shit if your shirt is Calvin Klein or Jacques Penney. But the thing that really got me was he was kicking an arm band (like a tennis player) and equipped it with a bottle opener, a few pens and his pride.

Dude, you're not Tom fucking Cruise and this ain't Kokomo. You're working a sports bar in downtown DC. Elizabeth Shue ain't walking through that door anytime soon. But good luck to you, and I'll see you Sunday.

2 comments:

GreenMom said...

You better check what's in your drink BEFORE you take that first sip when you go back there!!!!

KM said...

Yikes...angry Campbell is out and doing some serious hating.

Would you have let the arm-band slide if he was dressed like Johnny Cash?