Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Playoffs? Play..Playoffs?!?!


Yes, if you've never seen Jim Mora's rant (yeah, he was a real head coach in the NFL, scary), then make sure you check it out. He might have been just a tad crazy.

Well, it's time for the playoffs ... in fantasy football. If you don't know what fantasy football is (and I had to explain it to my mother, bless her heart), then I don't know what to do with you. Just know, it involves football, your friends and gambling. How could it possibly go wrong?

And you need to understand something, I put a little pressure on myself this season. You see, I won BOTH my leagues last year. That's right, I kick ass. Two leagues, two championships. And considering how terrible I used to be at fantasy football, this was a shock to just about everyone in the leagues, and it really pissed Kelly off since he takes this a little serious. Furthermore, you should know that I am so dedicated to this stuff that I have been writing a weekly column for one of my leagues for about 4 years straight. Yeah, I'm a dork, and I'm fine with it.

At the beginning of this season, I was in the rush of a super crazy work schedule, and before I knew it, I was saying yes to everyone, and suddenly I had agreed to be not in the normal two but 5 (FIVE?!?!?!?!?!) fantasy football leagues. I must have been drugged by someone.

Undeterred, I went forth and did my best. The two main leagues I took seriously, and the others I gave it the old college try. And sure enough, I made the fucking playoffs in all five. That's right technology and rivals, suck it. I am not the best team in all the leagues, by any means, but I've made the playoffs and that is all that matters. I just can't believe I did it. Big pat on the back for me. Yes, congrats for me for being such a dork.

No comments: