Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Back in DC ... And Having to Hold It

If there was ever a time to appreciate my telecommute day, it is this week. Because I get to go to the bathroom.

Hold on, let me explain.

Each week during this month, a different floor in my office building is having the bathrooms remodeled. So this week we have to go downstairs and use the third floor restroom. When other floors had to use ours, it was fine, but for some reason the kindness is not being extended to us. They only gave us one key for each gender. Maybe this is not too bad for the ladies, because they go to the bathroom in groups already, so this is not new for them.

But for the fellas, this is weird. I'm not going to the bathroom with one of the other guys I work with. Not happening. Further trouble is that the key to the bathroom is being held at all times by our receptionist. What the hell? Are we back in high school? Now we have to get permission to hit the latrine? At least it's not attached to a yard stick or cider block.

I'm holding it, though. This is ridiculous. Monday I went by like 6 times to get the key, and someone else had it checked out. I look like some kind of bathroom freak because I have to keep walking around the whole office to get back to her and wait for the high sign that I can head downstairs.

She offered to make things easy for me and send an when the key was back. Really? An e-mail? Gee, thanks. Can't wait for that one, Der Key Meister.

So I've given up. I'm holding it. Plus, from what one of the other guys told me, the bathroom downstairs is ... well ... let's say it rhymes with bit cole.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

I am so excited to be out of town the next two days so that I can use the restroom anytime I want to.

The other fabulous thing about the "renovations" is that the new, "efficient" automatic toilets flush at least two times, sometimes three, per use. Once upon entering the stall, once upon use, and sometimes an extra BONUS flush when you leave. So glad we are conserving water in this manner!