Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Not Forgetting About DC

I may be on the other side of the planet (or so it feels considering the temperature and lifestyle differences between DC and Hawaii), but I am not forgetting about where I live. DC has been my home for almost a decade now, and it's been my wife's home for about 12 years. So it should be said that we care deeply about DC and its future.

Part of that means getting behind statehood for the District. It's a bigger deal than people think, and listening to Republicans bitch about it just because DC happens to be populated by a majority of minorities and liberal voters doesn't diminish the legit argument that our voices should be counted just as theirs are.

The NY Times has been pushing this as a major issue lately, and their editorial in Tuesday's edition summed it all up nicely.

No comments: