Thursday, February 19, 2009

Maui: A Taste of Kentucky on the Island

Wish I had something massively important to say here, but I don't I just thought it cool that in the span of a two days, we found evidence of my home state here in Maui. The first came when the car we rented turned out to be made in Louisville. Want proof, they put a sticker in the car window (at right) telling you it was made there. That was pretty cool. Then later on we got a pleasant surprise when we saw the truck of one of the construction workers doing work on the hotel property. They truck (or at the very least, its mud flaps, once belonged to Manning Equipment. I have no idea who they are, but they must be good people since they are from the 'Ville.

Like I said, nothing exciting, but pretty cool to see some bluegrass representation on Maui. Better than finding a broken-down car or dead dog with KY tags on it.

No comments: