Monday, February 9, 2009

Writer Fight

I've only read a few Stephen King novels. It made me frightened of clowns (still true), and some of the others are equally scary, though I kinda gave him up once I left high school. Just wasn't feeling the magic. Kelly still digs on his work, and reads a bunch of his stuff. While I don't read his novels much anymore, I still read articles about what he's working on.

And what he's currently working on is tearing the "Twilight" series writer a new a-hole. I love it. I have no desire to read the teenage vampire/sexual angst novels that have adolescent girls and their mothers in a frenzy. I could care less. And having the master of thriller books bash on the author is hilarious. You just don't get writer fights, and now that I see it, I think there should be more of them. Think of how cool reading would be if you had authors bagging on each others' work? Sure, it'd make no sense, but it would be great to hear Author A say, "Screw Author B, they used 4 split infinitives and I just don't respect any writer with that kind of game." I'd be much more interested in the literary world if this stuff happened. I'm just sayin'.

No comments: