Saturday, February 21, 2009

Maui: A Fond Farewell


Looks like this will be my last post from Maui. I still have several hours left here before I head to the airport and the reverse trip from hell back to DC, where apparently it will be 40 degrees, snowy, rainy and windy as we land. Brilliant.

I will miss this island. I constantly refer to it as "my little slice of heaven." Sounds corny, but sometimes the truth sounds sillier than it is. No other place and no other vacation consistently brings me this much peace and happiness. The people, the food, the golf, the crashing waves, the quiet moments, the views, I could go on. But some of the moments and best parts I am keeping for myself. Moments and little things that I can always look back on, whether I am sitting at my desk back at 12th and G, sitting on the train stuck in the tunnel or caught in traffic on the Beltway, horns blaring around me.

I'll bring these times back and know that I will be back here soon. To drain another putt, watch more fish through my goggles or just sit and listen to the waves crash into the shores. I'll miss you, Maui. But I'll see you again soon.

No comments: