Friday, April 24, 2009

Disappointment

My weekend is off to a bad start. I'm bummed.

You already saw that I made a website for my photography to help take my work up a notch. Well I decided to covertly do the next best thing ... apply to be in an art show.

Not just any art show, either. The Saint James Court Art Show back in my hometown of Louisville. I sooooo wanted to get it and surprise my mom with the news. She goes every year and I used to go when I lived there. And nothing would have been cooler than to show my stuff there. Plus, magazines this year have rated the show in the top 5 of art shows in the whole country.

Well, I got rejected. And it sucks.

I really did think I was getting in. They only had four photographers in the whole show last year, and I thought my stuff was at least on par with theirs. But a jury of 5 people rejected me. And the form e-mail telling me to suck it was very dry and cold. Not that I expected a hug from them.

So I'm bummed. It's just one show and it's not the end of the world. But it was my first real attempt at making "the leap" and I fell before takeoff.

2 comments:

GreenMom said...

Sorry you didn't get in...........don't be bummed - apply for a show closed to you !!!

KM said...

sorry to hear it, man. just keep shooting and find some stuff around DC to enter. or just randomly stick photos on people's front doors.