Thursday, May 5, 2011

I Love My Wife, But ...

Hopefully this will not become a running series of posts, but I guess it all depends on the wife's actions, not my own.

In this inaugural post, this is all about the wife's new routine in the kitchen. In something that can almost definitely be defined as life imitating art, the wife is trying to kill me. Or at the very least, give me some kind of bodily injury.

About a month ago, we watched "Date Night" starring Steve Carrell and Tina Fey. Decent movie, nothing special, but had some OK moments and it was worlds better than having to suffer through another of the wife's "Real Housewives" marathons. One of the movie's obscure subplots is what she has somehow brought into our everyday life. What she does is open up drawers, cabinets and whatnot, and forgets to close them. In the movie it's a gag where Carrell does it and Fey keeps banging her head and knees into doors and such, and it's all his fault. Well I'm Fey in this real world interpretation. For instance, this is a typical look at the gauntlet I face nightly:


And this is only one part of the kitchen. What makes it worse is that she NEVER had this problem until after seeing the movie. Maybe a drawer here or there, but it's uncanny. Plus, this isn't even a subplot in the movie that we talked about or laughed particularly hard at or anything, just something that through one way or another, she's now adopted. It's amazing ... and it's going to injure me I'm sure.

1 comment:

Fowl Ideas said...

Leave them open.

In fact, open the bathroom drawers and leave the seat cover up.