Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sound Financial Advice

I must say, the wife and I have had some spirited conversations about the current economic crisis, especially as it pertains to homeowners. We are not on polar extremes, mind you, we just have subtle differences about how things play out. She tends to lean a bit more toward the "people should know better than to accept loans they cannot afford" while I counter with the "it's hard for random American to not do that when banks are quite good at selling such services to you" and also the "they don't live in DC, NYC, LA or a given massive city where you are inundated with political/financial news as opposed to talk to your cubemate about Top Chef and then going back to your telemarketing or Applebees waitering job" kind of outlook.

It's times like these when, because I'm an idiot, I find joy in the simplicity of message. Like last night's Daily Show, when Jon Stewart gladly showed me why it's insane to blame 'losers' for their financial problems when the people they ARE TOLD TO TAKE ADVICE FROM are equally moronic. The money shot in this video is at the end, but the whole video is money actually.

No comments: