Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Design

When I first created this blog, it was mainly centered around the fact that my life is filled with pixels (hence the title, for anyone not keeping up). I've posted about my photography and also my video game column, but that does exclude the one other part of my life that I actually get paid for, which is my design work. It's still using pixels, so it counts!

I'm going to try and bring that element of my life into this blog as well, sharing with the eight of you who actually pay attention to me some of the work that I have either done in the past that I am particularly proud of, or recent stuff that I have done. Just giving you all a well-rounded look at me, which is I know what you clamor for.



First up is a report I recently finished for my organization, CFED. For the past year I have been working with my colleagues on a series of reports detailing the financial security of 11 cities across the country. It's amazing work, very detailed in its focus on what areas a city is succeeding (and, sometimes, failing) at when it comes to the economic security of its residents. We've been finding that municipalities are more and more becoming the epicenter for economic solutions for low- and middle-income residents, and so in doing this work we are trying to highlight some of the best and brightest innovations that are succeeding there and can be replicated in other cities.

After we finished with the individual city reports (which you can find here), we combined a lot of that research and made one huge report out of it all. It's not going to win any design awards I know, but it was a labor of love and I'm glad to see it finally come to publication. So check it out if you wish (or if you know someone who cares about the economic status of NYC, Newark, Savannah, Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, San Antonio, Miami, Hawaii or Providence. It's good stuff.

3 comments:

GreenMom said...

Good stuff indeed!!

chelsea said...

Where's Denver? How do you choose which cities to report on?

Campbell said...

We choose them based on who pays us to do the evaluations. Denver is actually a city that has approached us to do a review, but nothing is certain that it will happen.