Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday Funnies

When I first saw this movie back in 1993, Mike Myers was in his full SNL popularity, and So I Married An Axe Murderer was a great showoff of his numerous talents. In later years, the wife always spoke that she married her version of Mike Myers, because the whole kooky scene about The Pentaverate (featured below) was something she always imagines me doing later on, since I am a cynic and appreciator of conspiracy theories. It's fantastic to watch Anthony LaPaglia completely lose it during the scene and breaking the fourth wall by looking at the camera and the crew off-camera. Hilarious.

Plus, though I couldn't find a good copy of the scene online, it also featured one of my favorite Phil Hartman scenes, as he plays Jim Johnson, who mainly goes by the name Vicki. Good stuff.

No comments: