Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Idiot of the Day

Recently I posted about my new breakfast regimen: oatmeal, plain and simple. Ok, maybe not plain and simple because I add some fruit and a pinch of sugar. But in either case, I'm doing swell compared to our Idiot of the Day, McDonald's.

As you will read in this article, McDonald's has taken something as pure and simple as oatmeal and fucked it all up. Not that anyone should be surprised about it, but it's still kind of shocking to see them take a dish with a supposed max of five ingredients and jack it up to 15 without even blinking.

My favorite passage: The aspect one cannot argue is nutrition: Incredibly, the McDonald’s product contains more sugar than a Snickers bar and only 10 fewer calories than a McDonald’s cheeseburger or Egg McMuffin. (Even without the brown sugar it has more calories than a McDonald’s hamburger.)

I have to admit that when we drove back from Kentucky over the holidays, the wife ordered the oatmeal because she figured it was oatmeal and how bad could it be? Well, it took one bite for her to beg me to switch breakfast meals with her and I choked it down while she enjoyed my meal. Damn McDonald's, I knew I hated that place.

No comments: