Monday, June 6, 2011

Idiot of the Day

I loathe the entire existence of cellphones in movie theaters. I hate it. I can't stand the texting. I can't stand the talking during the movie. I've only been OK with it in two instances, and both those movies were named Jackass and it was only because the whole theater was talking shit and having a loud, good time. Every other time, fuck you and stop disturbing my 2 hours of peace and quiet while I just try to appreciate a film. I recognize I'm not always paying to watch hifalutin French artsy stuff, sometimes I need a good comic book movie or something, but I still want the damn quiet.

Anyway, it seems the famous Alamo Drafthouse has a strict no texting, no talking rule. And they don't take excuses. They bust you, and you're gone. No refund. They can do this because they are not a bullshit chain like Loew's and AMC. Of course, because this are independently owned, they can do funny stuff like take a pissed-off voicemail from an irate chick who got bounced and make a PSA out of it that they now run in front of all their movies. Love it. So remember, idiots, sometimes you run into people with better senses of humor than you, and it's why (as Jerry Seinfeld always said) you never mess with a comedian because they can always get the last (and better) laugh.

No comments: