Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Childhood, Bastardized

I sadly and dejectedly have to post the following trailer. I ranted about this movie almost one year ago to the day, and seeing this trailer renews my belief that Hollywood has no idea what they are doing. Of course, maybe they do, because there might just be a few million moronic teens who'll spend money on this shitshow of a movie and make them their money back, which means it's fair game on anything made from my childhood. They start remaking Ferris Bueller or the Airplane! movies and I'm moving to a farm and making friends with a field of soybeans.

Anyway, the trailer for the Footloose remake is out and it looks, as one would imagine, completely ridiculous and stupid. It appears to be a nearly shot-for-shot remake of the Kevin Bacon movie except for the dance sequences, but shame on them for that. I can't believe they are selling people on a town where, in 2011, high schoolers (who all look like they're 28 years old) can find nothing better to do than hang out at a Sonic and drive old cars but somehow have access to krunk dance skills and techno house music. Yeah, makes perfect sense. I hate the world sometimes.

3 comments:

GreenMom said...

is that Dennis Quaid?? OMG - did he need a new kitchen or something??

Campbell said...

I hope Lithgow sends him a severed head for Christmas.

chelsea said...

this is horrendous!! It is practically the same script and the same wardrobe!! I mean if you want to remake a movie, at least do it like the 7 bring it ons- change the script and the outfits!!!! he even has the same car-I am so apalled, I can't even watch the rest of this trailer!!