Sunday, December 28, 2008

Just Shut the Hell Up People

Now, let me be clear. I am not advocating violence toward people. And I really, really, really hate guns. The idea of guns disturbs me. But you know what I also hate? People friggin talking during movies.

Talk during the trailers? Sure, go for it. Hate or love the Coke commercials or the dancing hot dog? Fine, speak on dear friend. But when that movie company logo shows up and the title credits start rolling, just shut the hell up. I didn't pay $11 to hear your running commentary or your inability to follow plot. I have MST3K for the commentary if I want it, and trust me, they are better at it than you.

Part of the Christmas tradition in the Campbell household is to see tons of movies. So we went and saw Benjamin Button (review coming later), and lucky for us, we saw it here in Louisville and not in Philly.

Again, I'm not saying he should have shot the guy ... but I understand.

No comments: