Thursday, December 18, 2008

A New Party-Hole

My guy friends like to bash me for liking Broadway. Now, on some levels I can't blame them. Because I do like the theater. Problem is, they think I only dig massive, overblown musicals by Andrew Lloyd Webber or something. I actually like regular dramatic theater also, and I will never say no to comedic theater.

Broadway is in a massive slump right now, and I'm torn on it. Yes, the shows are important, fun and shouldn't be missed. I also don't think they need to be so full of themselves to bilk $150 per seat from tourists who are already dropping huge chunks of cash just to be in NYC. This is when that elite feeling that people bitch about NYers actually makes a point.

Anyway, I'm plugging a Broadway show that is sure to please everyone, even though it's in a limited run. W is pathetic, ignorant moron and I know (sadly) more than a few people who actually think he's done a decent job. Maybe they are Enron employees. Here's a brief video of the show I'm talking about. Hopefully this will give Broadway a fast boost in ticket sales.

No comments: