Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Karma is a Bitch

I love Karma. I'm a big believer in it. No, I'm not Hindu or Buddhist (though the ultra-cool Leonard Cohen makes me think I could pull it off). In fact, I pretty much could do without organized religion altogether. But for some reason, all the reading I have done in the past on karma makes me think that there is something to it.

I bring this up because I heard some news that reinforces my belief in it. My boss at my old place of employment got laid off back in the summer, and it was about damn time. She was clearly, by far and away, the dumbest person I have ever met, let alone someone I had to work with. I was designing magazines, and the woman they put in charge had zero management experience. Zero magazine experience. Zero editorial experience. Zero budgeting experience. Zero project management experience. Zero writing, editing or design experience. That's an assload of zeroes people. I'm no Donald Trump, but I was told more or less that I was not given the job because I wasn't old enough yet. Well, age don't make smarts, and she was living, breathing, ignorant proof of that. 8 people directly quit their jobs at this place and cited her as the reason in exit interviews.

I'm usually good about not bagging on people, because it's bound to piss off the karma gods and come back on me. But we're talking about a manager who openly yelled and disparaged her 3 team members. Who told me I was a shitty designer and would never get another job better than the one working for her. That she thought about business tactics best when shopping at Macy's. I could go on, but the Internet must have a built-in limit on talking about her, because I can feel it coming soon.

Anyway, I just heard that as of this time, she is still without a job. She's been leap-frogged by two people once below her in the totem pole, and two separate sources say she's burning bridges faster than the River Kwai. So I'm loving life a little bit more today, because that evil woman did so much to try and destroy the lives of several individuals, and I'm glad she's in crapper right now. I don't feel sorry for her at all. I hope she's eating Vienna Sausages and still squeezing into clothes 3 sizes too small. Thanks for the update, Bill. I'm soo happy.

No comments: