Monday, June 22, 2009

Eating My Weight In Seafood

I am getting the lucky privilege of having work pay to send me to San Francisco. Kristin and I are working with a production company to shoot a series of videos for CFED and so we are spending a few days out here. Since we have an office here in San Fran, it makes them paying for the travel that much easier because at least they know we are getting work done.

But before today came along, there was yesterday's fun. I landed early, picked up my Prius rental and we headed off for Route 1 and the wonderful hills of California. Well, we didn't head off that fast. It took us about 3 minutes and a consultation of the handbook on how to get the damn thing started. Alas, we did hit the road and made a nice run up to Marshall, where we ate oysters, fish tacos and clam chowder on along the water.

Then we booked it over the Russian River Valley where we took in four wineries and tasted wines in speedy style (no merlots were consumed). I scored a few bottles of wine that I liked and the two of us had a wild conversation with a drunk guy at the Iron Horse winery who was trying to convince us that DC was a craphole and that the best thing to do at wineries is get drunk and have sex in the wine fields under the stars. He was hammered, his wife was stunned into avoiding him and we got a good laugh walking back to the car.

After that it was dinner along the bay in Sausalito, which involved more oysters and then a ton of mussels. If this trend continues, I'm gonna look like Bootstrap Bill before I get back to DC.

1 comment:

GreenMom said...

Gloating about the food and wine you are drinking without me and your wife is not pretty.........