Monday, June 8, 2009

Playing the 'Bullshit Card'

So many years ago, a buddy of mine Dave gave me a business card with a simple word on it, "bullshit." I still have it, and I like to throw it out on a table when the occasion arrives that calls for it.

Well, walking around DC the over the weekend, I caught glimpse of the new Remy Martin ad campaign. Called, "Things are Getting Interesting" the campaign should more appropriately be called "Guys, buy our liquor and maybe you'll get in a threesome or watch some lesbian action you didn't have to order online." OK, maybe that title is a tad long, but still, it works.

Looking at the two ads, it's comical and sad all at once. I know many people claim about getting beer goggles or drinking liquid courage, but this was going far past that. Remy Martin is now touting that it's cognac can make miracles happen. Sorry, I'm not buying it. Sadly, instead of making me want to buy a case of the stuff, all this does is piss me off of how the had not-so-subtly implies that all we have to do is get some women drunk and we can get them to do anything.

So I'm laying down the bullshit card. Right after the wife finishes this bottle of cognac.

No comments: