Thursday, June 4, 2009

Empty Shelves

At first glance, you'd think this was Kelly's fridge. But it's actually mine. The wife and I had a few problems with our fridge and so we had to completely empty it and defrost the sucker. Meant we lost a lot of good food, which was a shame. Among the victims was a jar of my favorite BBQ sauce from Kentucky, a jar of homemade apple butter from the wife's grandmother, two solid bottles of wine, some rhubarb that I was hoping the wife would make into a pie for me, and a bunch of other stuff. A rough time. But at least for the next 36 hours I can revel in what it's like to live Kelly's life. But then again, he at least has some condiments and a container of butter. Oh, and usually a half-jug of water. So he's got that going for him.

3 comments:

GreenMom said...

who made that refrigerator??? Still under warranty is it?

Campbell said...

I think it's a whirlpool. it is under warranty and they are slated to come try and fix it on saturday. let's hope that all goes well. not in the mood to buy a new fridge.

KM said...

Yeah, I saw your fridge when you lived alone...there wasn't any rhubarb in there, son. You woulda been lucky to have some Country Crock.